Monday, May 3, 2010

A Watch Story

I used to have a watch. It was a nice watch. I’m not going to disclose the brand or style, for the sake of your judgment, but it was in the $500 dollar price range. I wore that watch like it was going out of style. Thing was, pretty soon it was all scratched up and I could barely see what time it was.

Whereas once people used to compliment me on my watch, after it was scratched, they barely even noticed it. I decided to take it to a watch shop for a shine and a new crystal. The watchmaker took a look and said, “Sonny, this here’s a watch that ain’t worth fixin. It’s gonna be at least a couple of hundred dollars to do so. You’re better off just getting a new watch.” Stupid old man, I thought. But I knew that he was right.

And so I waited, watchless, without a quick way of knowing the time, instead reduced to looking at my cell phone like a sap. Until my girlfriend, maybe my soon to be fiancée, (you’ll see why after I tell you how much it cost) bought me a beautiful Concord mariner watch. Silver, with a white face it’s a beaute. And with my Concord mariner watch, I am happy. Maybe if I propose, I’ll buy her a Concord ladies watch

1 comment:

heartbug said...

What a beautiful story. The man who loved his watch so much that still wanted to do a repair until one day was given a new one.
replica watches

Post a Comment